PDA

View Full Version : Pillow Case tutorial rave and idea!

Judy in Waco
July 24th, 2010, 12:50 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pillowcase tutorial! Great job! I also had an idea. I'm new to the site, so be patient please. I'm sure someone else already thought of this, but I used the leftovers from my first quilt and made a pillowcase from the fabric (using your wonderful tutorial). I am going to put the quilt inside and use the pillowcase as the gift bag. What do you think?

I'll finish the quilt binding in class on Monday, and then I'll post photos of the finished quilt and matching pillowcase/gift bag.

Another idea is that if you give a gift quilt to charity, make a matching pillowcase and count it toward the pillowcase challenge. :icon_bigsmile: What do you think?

hillbilly
July 24th, 2010, 01:19 AM
That is a super idea! It will be really nice 'wrapped' in a matching pillow case!

rebeccas-sewing
August 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Very clever!!! I'll have to do this.

shell.scraps
August 11th, 2010, 08:48 AM
great idea!! I've also used the pillow case tutorial to make a super sized pillow to cover my hubby's camping mattress. It's 6 foot tall and almost 3 feet wide!!! I had to get creative with the measurements and the method, but it's basically the same. Now all the other scout leaders want one too....:D

pdjewelrylady
August 12th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I used the leftovers from my first quilt and made a pillowcase from the fabric (using your wonderful tutorial). I am going to put the quilt inside and use the pillowcase as the gift bag. What do you think??

OMGoodness!! THAT IS A GREAT GREAT GREAT IDEA!!! I love it!!! :)

janluna
August 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Super idea! You people are so creative!

quiltingtrish
August 25th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I participated in a Christmas gift exchange and there were some rules to go by. We followed the 12 days of Christmas theme changing the items to quilty type items. The first day was a bag of some sort to put all the other 11 gifts in. I received a pillowcase that held all my gifts. I still use it today.

Hugs,

Dragonfly
August 25th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Can someone tell me if there are written instructions for the pillowcase so that I can have it in the sewing room with me. If not, then I will just take some notes down from the video, thanks.