PDA

View Full Version : I Stubbed My Toe!!!

phoots
May 31st, 2012, 01:26 AM
Last week my BF and I did a little rearranging in the living room. So Monday, my day off, I went to do some sewing and I stubbed my big toe on my sewing table. Yeah, it hurt! It hurt a lot, but I had things to do!! Monday afternoon after doing some sewing and some sweating I was relaxing, watching TV. I just happened to look at my toe and I'm thinking to myself, "Self, you've got the dirtest toe around!!" So I took a shower, washed my hair and my toe.

That night I just happened to look at my toe, and I said to myself, "Self, your toe is still dirty!! You been dragging your toe in the dirt??" No, of course not!! No big deal.

Tuesday I went to work. My shoes were kinda tight. No big deal, I'm busy! Tuesday night I got home from work and took off my shoes...OMG!! I said to myself, "Self, you remember stubbing your toe yesterday? Well, it's every shade of purple and red around!!" I looked nasty!!

Today about half way through the day, my toe started to hurt. I got things to do, I can't just stop and look at my toe. So I get home from work and take my shoes off....to my surprise the purple and red are nearly gone, but it's swollen now. I can only bend it part way.

No big deal!! It's just a toe!! My BF did offer to amputate it for me. Isn't he sweet???

It's just a toe. No big deal!!!

Love to all!!

Pam in Vegas ((((limp, limp)))))

auntiemern
May 31st, 2012, 02:18 AM
Sounds to me like you got a broken big toe. Dang I know how bad that hurts.

bakermom
May 31st, 2012, 03:29 AM
Been there! and oh does it hurt!

madampolo
May 31st, 2012, 06:23 AM
I stubbed my little toe a few weeks ago, and it turned black and blue. After it healed and all was well again, I stubbed it again! The last time wasn't as bad though. I know it hurts, especially when you must wear shoes.

buckeyequilter
May 31st, 2012, 06:52 AM
Ouch!!! The same thing happened to me when I rearranged the furniture - it was on a chair. My toe was huge and black-purple. It was actually broken. Take care!

Margok
May 31st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Pam, It is a BIG deal if it gets infected! Best see a doctor to check it out. You may need antibiotics.

Genny
May 31st, 2012, 10:12 AM
I broke my toe a few weeks back and know how you feel...hurts like crap! I still have trouble with mine if I lean a certain way. Lots of people say to put ice on it but I've got to tell you...that makes it hurt even more...

Genny
May 31st, 2012, 10:13 AM
I stubbed my little toe a few weeks ago, and it turned black and blue. After it healed and all was well again, I stubbed it again! The last time wasn't as bad though. I know it hurts, especially when you must wear shoes.

I had to laugh at this...not that its funny...but I did the same thing!

phoots
June 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM
My toe is getting better slowly! It only hurts when I have to do a lot of filing (like today) or when I have to walk a lot (like yesterday)!! Margok, unless things become much, much worse, a doctor is out of the question. I have no health insurance.

Love to all!!

Pam in Vegas

Monique
June 1st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Ok I'll bite. Do you use your feet for filing? LOL!! Just a little humour. Sore toes hurt no matter what.

quiltingtrish
June 1st, 2012, 10:29 PM
Owwww! I just stubbed my pinky toe tonight as I was trying to walk around a rocker on the front porch to get the cat in before the hard rains started and ended up knocking the pinky toe right into one of the column supports for the porch roof. It hasn't turned any color yet, but sure hurts like heck.
Hope you didn't break yours. Maybe if you soaked it that might help it to feel better?

Hugs,