PDA

View Full Version : Just Can't Get Going :(

auntiemern
May 30th, 2012, 11:52 PM
My brain and my heart tell me I should be sitting at my sewing table, however my body just keeps telling me no. There are times I just get so angry at my body for not letting me do what I want. The part that is so hard, is my brain is always going, thinking of ideas, and planning what to do next, but my body says "oh no your not". Maybe tomorrow. I do know I have to get up early because my youngest Grand Daughter, will start pre K summer school, and rides the big bus for the first time. Can't miss that. She said 'even if I throw up, I'm not going to miss any days'. The get $ for not missing any days, and she has big plans for her $. It isn't like summer school when I was a kid and you had to go, because you didn't make good enough grades. This program is called 'Summer Journey' and incorporates education and fun, like arts and crafts. My oldest GD has always gone, since Kindergarten and has loved it. It last about 6 weeks I think. Then they have another break before regular school starts up. Will post pics of her getting on the bus if I can get any.

CrazyMtnLady
May 31st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Marilyn, I hope today is better than yesterday for you. How exciting for your Grand Daughter to have you there to see her get on the bus. Will be looking forward to the pics.

I have days when my body doesn't want me to do anything either, my only problem is DH always tells me it's "good therapy" to get up and get his breakfast, or rub his feet, or feed the animals........:) I do hope you feel better soon.

Sandy Navas
May 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Donna, I do think I would find something nasty smelling to rub on feet . . . kidding - because I have Al do that for me quite often.

I'm still waiting for that special day where I automatically have more energy. I do remember the old saying about "My git-up and go just got up and went."

Granny Judy
May 31st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Getting older isn't for the weak of heart or mind.... Ol' arthur has come to visit and decided to stay and My sewing time has dwindled greatly. But I refuse to let another Man tell me what I Can't do....so move on Arthur (arthritis) This Granny refuses to play your game.

It helps to have the right meds and a hot tub for soaks, too. I do Ti Chi once a week with a lovely instructor (one on one) and it helps keep my joints moving. I refuse to give in and fight aging with all my might. (I'm approaching 70 real fast)

Bubby
May 31st, 2012, 11:41 AM
I understand how it feels when the body isn't strong...I'll be praying for you to get stronger. Try to listen to your body and use your down time to plan some new quilts....:)