Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BellasQuilts's Avatar BellasQuilts is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jenny, I need you: What are all these presser feet for and how can I use them for quilting?

When I bought my Bernina, the local dealer gives classes on your machine. I just learned that my walking foot has an attachment for stitch in the ditch. Did not know that!!! Since I have never sewn really, I had no clue what presser feet were for other than "you don't want to lose them".

Jenny, can you do a video tute on presser feet and how to use them for quilting? While I know now that I have this, I still don't know how to use it.

I figured if there is this cool attachment maybe there are other presser feet that you use, or tools, that would be helpful to us newbies for quilting.

Thank you, Megan
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” Mark Twain

Genny's Avatar Genny is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jenny, I need you: What are all these presser feet for and how can I use them for quilting?

Ok Jenny...PLEASE!!!!
    ...Today is a good day to have a good day...

JimsQueenie's Avatar JimsQueenie is offline Senior Member
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jenny, I need you: What are all these presser feet for and how can I use them for quilting?

I agree. I just bought a new Janome 11,000 and I had a Janome 8,000 and I had presser feet galore for each of these machines. I rarely used any of the ones I had for my 8,000 and I don't want to make that mistake again for my 11,000 as it gets too expensive. Please help us, Jenny, those of us who need the help. A tutorial would be wonderful. I know that Nancy Zieman did a show on different presser feet but I lost that tape. Looking forward to what you come up with?
    Piece and blessings,
    Vicki

Sharon G's Avatar Sharon G is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second that!

It would be really helpful to all us newbies to have more info on 'what' to use and for which job

Please, please, pretty please Jenny
    May your sorrows be patched and your joys be quilted

bkthomas's Avatar bkthomas is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimsQueenie View Post
    I agree. I just bought a new Janome 11,000 and I had a Janome 8,000 and I had presser feet galore for each of these machines. I rarely used any of the ones I had for my 8,000 and I don't want to make that mistake again for my 11,000 as it gets too expensive. Please help us, Jenny, those of us who need the help. A tutorial would be wonderful. I know that Nancy Zieman did a show on different presser feet but I lost that tape. Looking forward to what you come up with?
    Piece and blessings,
    Vicki
    On the Janome website there are many videos of all the different presser feet and how to use them! Check it out!! I would imagine that Bernina might have the same thing but I am just guessing.
    ~Kathy~

bkthomas's Avatar bkthomas is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BellasQuilts View Post
    When I bought my Bernina, the local dealer gives classes on your machine. I just learned that my walking foot has an attachment for stitch in the ditch. Did not know that!!! Since I have never sewn really, I had no clue what presser feet were for other than "you don't want to lose them".

Jenny, can you do a video tute on presser feet and how to use them for quilting? While I know now that I have this, I still don't know how to use it.

I figured if there is this cool attachment maybe there are other presser feet that you use, or tools, that would be helpful to us newbies for quilting.

Thank you, Megan
    Go to Berninausa\home.com they have a video for every foot you can imagine and some you never imagined!!!
    ~Kathy~

ginampls's Avatar ginampls is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

cool request...
    all the best
    Gina

BellasQuilts's Avatar BellasQuilts is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen the videos on the feet now that I went to the training, but you learn (and in my case remember) by doing. I thought if Jenny showed the different ways to use the feet for quilting, then I would use them more which seems smart since I paid for the darn things with the machine.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” Mark Twain

GrammaBabs's Avatar GrammaBabs is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Those video's fromt he company are there for a reason... watch them over and over...i've yet to find a "teacher" that could shine a candle to what i find on YouTube.... i'm guessing that you really need to check the tuts for your brand of machine,, especially a Bernina... my DF just got one,, and they are a whole different animal... (albeit a thorobread)...
    I know that if it's computer... the machine has a built in help system... with video... amazing!!! if older there should be a book... (i'm a book girl and ya' don't get them anymore with stuff).... i'm off to see what i can find at the "bernina website"...LOL
    "Each day well-live and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I know that MSQC will stick to the quarter inch foot for quilting. That being said; I would love to see Jenny do a tutorial on different presser feet. The website tutorials for my machine on their website if awful. Of course, I don't have a top of the line machine either.

It would just be a nice bonus for Jenny to do for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast