Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another Tonga mess

Heard back from TT this morning, here's what they said...

Hi Katrina,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with our Tonga Treat product.
    Because our Tonga Treats are hand-cut, it is printed on all treat package labels "Cut size may vary slightly". However, it sounds like you are experiencing variation in this product that is beyond the norm.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have brought this up with our production department so they can address it with our supplier.

We are introducing machine-cut Tonga Treat products later this year. The cut sizes of these products will be more accurate and promote ease in making quilts. These new Tonga Treats will be identified with a sticker that says “now machine cut!” Look for them in shops summer 2017.

In the meantime, we would be happy to offer you a complimentary fabric pack of equal or greater value. Please provide your mailing address.

Best regards,

Your friends at Timeless Treasures Fabrics
    www.ttfabrics.com

Maybe there products will be more accurate when they get everything switched over to 'machine cut'.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    I guess I'll learn my lesson sooner or later. I bought Timeless Treasures Tonga Treats in Jamboree. I got them out to start working on Katie's quilt (Cutting the 10"squares into 4 sets of 5" squares. I thought it was going to be a simple process. Boy was I fooled. The pieces are so out of square! I'm having to trim up every block individually, mainly because it is for my niece and I want it to be right!)

Attachment 141122 Here's what's trimmed off of just 10 blocks! What a waste.

It's probably the last time I buy Tonga Treats from Timeless Treasures!
    Hi KPH! Could you send me an email with the order# that included this product? Also, do you have any other photos to show the issues you experienced? We would like to take as much info to the vendor as possible, so we can fully address this issue. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention! heidi@missouriquiltco.com

3. Thanks threadbndr thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Tonga Treats JR and they had elbows in them. I've had problems with charm packs too. I think I am pretty much done with precuts. I prefer yardage
    "To know what people really think, pay attention to what they do, rather than what they say."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This seems to be a Tonga Treats or Batik issue... I have in all my 5 years of buying precuts from M* only had this issue once.

So glad they are hearing you and M* is also about getting it fixed for a better relationship with precuts in the future. I rely on them... my shoulder and neck issue makes it prohibitive to cut fabric for long periods or in mass amounts. I just can't. I bought FQ's for my current project and even cutting down those to fit my project has been slow and painful. I will be so happy when I finish and can return to using precuts. I plan to even be using precuts for my solids an I've always bought those in yardage. Precuts it is for me!!