Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Users of the Block Rock It'

Wondering if any out there that have this machine can give me some feedback...
    I am not usually one to buy a machine "mail order"... always like to have a storefront....
    That being said i do have a Bailey Home Quilter that has done me very well for about 3 yrs.... I am now yearning for some stitch regulation. I did not get it with the Bailey, but feel it was a good choice because it's trained me better with "movement" control.... I am hoping to find a buyer for it...
    I digress....
    If you have the BR can anyone tell me about the thread it uses???? The Bailey only likes Signature (at least for my purposes),,, not a bad thing as it is very cost effective...
    Thank you in advance for any input) GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Users of the Block Rock It'

Lucky Girl you!!!! You have had your eye on the BR for a long time....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one, but the gal from Texas w/the german shephards does. They just came out with a new, larger model so you now have a choice in throat size. I've talked to the reps at the sewing shows several times and they are some of the nicest I've met.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got that feeling from watching the YOUTube videos.... The new Brother Dream Quilter is what got me going again.... my dealer does not have one, but is sending me info.... I believe the price is higher than the BR... Also the BR has been out longer.... Brother i have to say has impressed me in ways i could not believe... I have an Innovis-80 that sat in the box for 2 yrs before i cracked it open! Found this fellow near me and brought in my old Elna for timing... runs like a charm.... while he and hubs chatted "machines"... he allowed me to play with all the machines he had set up.... I could not believe them... they do so much for so little money!!! I use mine for applique stitching and bindings... has no trouble with the thickness...
    Anywhooooooo,,, i am ready for a stitch regulator..and needles up/down....
    I'd rather not have a mail order purchase,,, but Kathy Quilts sure seems to be on the ball with CS and video!!!
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use Superior Threads for my Blockrockit. I mostly use the Omni and never have a problem with that. I've also used their Bottom Line in the bobbin with no problems. My machine doesn't like Essential Threads which is cheaper. I'm not sure who makes that, maybe Connecting Threads site? Anyway I've only used those two brands with my Blockrock it. Since Omni works so well, along with other Superior Threads I stick with that, why ruin a good thing LOL. I've noticed on the Rockblockit FB page quite a few others also use Omni and love it. The only reason I haven't tried some of the other Superior Threads threads, like King Tut is because they are more expensive.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a BR but I do have a machine I put on a frame with the stitch regulator purchased from the people who sell the BR. I called them when we were setting it up. He was very nice and helpful. I would purchase from them again.

9 Patch Princess

St Joseph, Missouri - about 50 min from M*.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at a Q'Nique sit down - same machine as BlockRockit. Leahday.com just started a new weekly series this week on the Q'Nique. You might take a look and see what she is saying and showing. She posts almkst every day so roll back a couple days to see it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the Q'Nique and the Blockrockit are the same machines. While Kathy Quilts markets their machines when there is a problem with a Blockrockit, if it's not something that Lee at Kathy Quilts can help us with then we talk to the technicians at Grace (marketing Q'Nique). It is also the Grace company who actually replaces both Q'Nique and Blockrockit if there is a major problem and the machine needs replacing. They are very very good about replacing machines and they make it hassle free and timely.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique