Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    niki's Avatar niki is offline Senior Member
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BOW Stack n Whack 2010 project

Quote Originally Posted by mrswindy4
    I'm in awe!! I bow down to you!!

When I grow up, I want to be a quilter just like you!!
    I totally agree. Wow!!! What a beautiful job you have done. I think I need a step by step tutorial with pictures to figure that one out.

Again, they are beautiful!
    Niki (Niurka)

Quilt Vader is offline Senior Member
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY - BUT THANK YOU. I had group yesterday so no chance to mess up another one - didn 't dare change machines now, too! I have a smaller Brother I carry along.. I love it - does everything I need - but think I'll wll stay with my KENNY I use at home for these blocks. While they are NOT difficult, they do require some precision and some 'focus'.
    Tell me when you're ready - we can do it t ogether .. serious! There is an easier one too - it only requires 4 repeats of fabric.. and is a very good start er project - nice fabric is spendy and to mess up a yard or 2 is a great loss.
    I rummaged in my stash last night and pulled out 3 pieces I am going to use to demo for my Friendship Group the afternoon of the 26th. I chose 2 that are kind of old and, maybe dowdy would be a good description ! , and 1 really bright Island/Tropical sort of thing.
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

mrswindy4's Avatar mrswindy4 is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Vader
    Be assured MrsWindy - you will probably be just like me... making mistakes that are so stupid you could cry
    Trust me, I'm making some of the "rookiest" mistakes...still!! Just the other day, I was doing the tube technique and I kept sewing the fabrics all wrong! I didnt put the right sides together when sewing the tubes, and didnt realize it until I had cut up 3 complete tubes. ops: So, when I opened up the triangles, half of the square were inside out....ughhhh!! 15 squares ruined! :cry:

I am doing my own version of the rail fence pattern (using 3 strips instead of 4) using some of my freebie material...so far, so good on the mistakes. I'm not good at color combinations (I need an art class, I think lol) so I'm not sure how its going to look when its all finished. I chose these fabrics, because I was so afraid of making even more mistakes, and it seems much easier for me to "practice" on material I neither paid for, or mind if I mess it up beyond all recognition...lol
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Naaaaa.. they aren't ruined. while watching TV unsew the seams, use some Fresh Press and flatten the pieces, press don't iron (dont slide it around, makes everything askew) and re-purpose them.. dewn in a row they can be a border on a t-towel, they can be sewn 3x5, framed with sashing and used as a focus block with with your rail fences .. or you could just toss them and forget they ever existed! :roll:

debinmalaga's Avatar debinmalaga is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Vader, I'm a fan :-).

Anything new with this project? Dying to know what you pick for a background fabric.

Deb
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

sewhot's Avatar sewhot is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!! La- la-love it!

KarenB's Avatar KarenB is offline Senior Member
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Black/White print and your cutting is great! I did a "stack/whack" quilt last year and gave it to my daughter for Christmas. She loved it as did I. I hated giving it away. I'm trying to post a picture of it and am having to reduce the size by a lot. I hope you can see it well enough.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hi Hi - this is the first time I havebeen abale to get in since the site went down .. I saved the notifications mail - checked it again a minute ago - and voila.. I'm up and running!
    That Stack n Whack for Christmas is beautiful! WHY do we do that .. give away the best things we love?? I guess i answered that myslelf.. cuz 'we love'.
    Lots more done on my SnW .. and have some assembled by Friendship group members.
    The last t ime I tried to get on I had a picture to post of the background fabric, it wasn't very good and it so close to being white that it didn't show well .. I'll try again later. It's a TOT in off white, just enought to set off the edges of the white in the bloxks so they don't lool like they run off into the edges somewhere.. I REALLY like it a lot. Gotta go to JA's and use a coupon .. but will BBL to catch up on all your posts and projects

pdjewelrylady's Avatar pdjewelrylady is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

this is awesome - i look forward to doing a stack and whack soon (when i can figure it out LOL) thanks for the directions!!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I took my cut blocks as kits to a Freindship group meeting, and since it was my turn to offer a lessong of some sort, AND my turn to get blocks of my choice made for a quilt for me .. I took those kits and gave a class and got several blocks made. No they aren't perfect, but I honestly don't care. I have been dealing with some health issues so I am behnd in everything .. but I'm on the mend and hope to get busy even as early as tomorrow.
    I think I mentioned the houses I am making for another friendship group quilt - they are coming along slow and I hope to work on them tomorrow .. making 12 and are all alike ... sort of boring though. However, when they are all traded out i will be liking my new meighborhood .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast