Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners BOM

Sasha Anzures's Avatar Sasha Anzures is online now Senior Member
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Beginners BOM

would love to do a bom!!! i keep looking at the ones on here and they all look complicated to me!!!! i am a beginner.. have completed a baby quilt and almost done with my first queen size top.

tilelady is offline Member
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the the twelve inch blocks also,,,,,,,,,,,,and the rest is all up to you,,,cant wait to start,,,,,have grt fun on all the field trips coming up,,,,,,i would be wanting to join all that fun also,,,)
    ~~~SMILES-ARE-FREE~~~~PLANT DAILY~~~

ttucsok's Avatar ttucsok is offline Senior Member
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am a beginner. If that doesn't speak for itself right there! I would also be in on a Beginner BOM (Thankfully someone asked what that was because 45 seconds ago I had no clue, but now I'm in the loop!) I've done a table runner and a baby quilt and I loved every second of it.
    Tracy Tucsok

Every artist was first an amateur - Ralph Waldo Emerson

lacey327 is offline Junior Member
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beginners BOM
    I am also a beginner quilter. I am on my second quilt. So I still have alot to learn, so I am interested in the beginners BOM.
    Looking forward to it!

Kizzie's Avatar Kizzie is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Point Cook, VIC Australia (used to be USA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to join in too - I'm a beginning beginners beginner!

Would love to do a BOM with you all - can I throw an idea/suggestion out there too for you to consider -
    seeing as we are all beginners could this BOM like increase slightly more challenging blocks each month??

I'm happy to wait as long as it takes and thanks so much for putting your time effort and creative skills out there for us to leech off hehehe

Dolfenblueys's Avatar Dolfenblueys is offline Junior Member
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a beginner and would love to join in on this. I would love to do the bigger blocks for however long you are willing to do them, I think once we got them into a full quilt it would wind up with a nice size quilt that could be laid out to each person's individual tastes. Wait do you even put a BOM into a quilt? Hmm I guess I am a noob lol....That noted, please only take note of the last two examples if you put a BOM into a quilt. *sheepish*

I noticed that on the site there is a section for groups, are you thinking about making a group for this so that everyone can post pictures of their fabric choices for each block, their finished block, their layout design, the finished product?

~Cassie~

nanaleslie's Avatar nanaleslie is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Beginners BOM

Hi, I would say I'm an intermediate quilter. I would love to join the BOM. I think it will be loads of fun. I will look forward to getting the material list and info.

Good Luck to all!

Kelly Westfall-Hickson is offline Senior Member
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

that would be nice as i dont hand stitch or applique or any of that i only use my machine.

sewbizzy's Avatar sewbizzy is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Beginners BOM

I am a beginner also and would like to know how it works...I would be interested..thanks Susan

Fabriclovr's Avatar Fabriclovr is offline Senior Member
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ladies!

You all are going to laugh at me, but here goes. I am a school bus driver and school is almost out (5 more days) and I have been working 40 hour weeks with 15 hours of OT a week, so I am pooped. I come home, shower, eat and then plop myself down on the sofa and fall asleep. Don't even turn on the computer except for the weekends, and then only to check a quick email. I had (almost) completely forgotten that I started this thread back in April. I was scanning the 'new' items today and saw the title and thought that I would read a few replies. I got to the one by sewbizzy and she said thanks Susan.. I thought, hum, is her name Susan as well, but don't see a signature line. Thinking further, I decided to look at the 1st post, well don't ya know, it was mine! ROFL.

With that said and now having a brand new computer, I can start to work on a newbie/beginner BOM. I may do a BOW as I only have 12 weeks till I have to be back driving again. So give me a week or so, I will post it here when I have created the quilt and then I will start a group in the groups section for this quilt.

Thanks sewbizzy for sparking my memory!

Susan
    Just One More Yard - Blog

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast