Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

ShannonBige is offline Junior Member
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for Jamestown BOM blocks, please

Hi there! I stumbled across a few BOM kits at one of my local [Denver] quilt shops and loved the patterns and the fabrics. I bought all of the little block kits she had!! So, that brings me to missing blocks 1 - 5. I've looked online, including FabSearch, and struck out so far. I know this isn't comprehensive, so I'm putting the question out to all y'all. Might anyone know of a shop - possibly local to you, etc - that might have these missing blocks that I could contact to try to get, please?? Any suggestions, recommendations &/or referrals would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

rebeccas-sewing's Avatar rebeccas-sewing is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for Jamestown BOM blocks, please

I'm not familiar with this particular BOM, but I know what you're going through trying to find it. I can't tell you the number of hours I've spent looking for things after the fact. If you exhaust all possibilities and just can't find it, do you have a picture on any of the packages that shows what the whole quilt should look like? I wonder if you could get yardage of that particular fabric from shops on-line, and round out the quilt with blocks that are similar to the ones on the pattern? Of course, I haven't seen it so I don't know, but there are so many free block patterns on-line. I googled "Jamestown" BOM last night when I was tired so I didn't work at it. I'll take another look to see what I can find.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the one by Marti Mitchell? If so, It's gorgeous! I wonder if that fabric is available anywhere?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link that might help you: http://www.lifesastitchct.com/prodde...?prod=BOMRRMJT

I'll keep looking while I have another cup of coffee!

debi weaver's Avatar debi weaver is offline Senior Member
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help with any advice, because I'm too new at this. I just wanted to tell "rebecca sewing" that I enjoyed clicking on the suggestion of a site. I love reading this forum and finding those "clicks". Thanks. Hope you find what you're looking for and sorry I cannot help you.
    Debi

Sandy Navas's Avatar Sandy Navas is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't tried here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewIts...guid=363512211
    it may be worth it to join and post a wanted ad. I've had some fairly good luck finding things here.

Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves. ~Eric Sevareid

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debi weaver View Post
    I can't help with any advice, because I'm too new at this. I just wanted to tell "rebecca sewing" that I enjoyed clicking on the suggestion of a site. I love reading this forum and finding those "clicks". Thanks. Hope you find what you're looking for and sorry I cannot help you.
    Debi
    You're welcome, Debi. I really enjoy surfing the web.

GloBrister is offline Junior Member
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I participated in a BOM "Ramblin' Rose Meets Jamestown" that was made from Marti Michell Perfect Patchwork Template Sets A and C and her Log Cabin Ruler # 8037. The shop that I was affiliated with is Quilts by The Bay in Galveston, TX. The shop has closed but they may still have an online shop. Either way, you may be able to go through Marti Michell's site to get the missing blocks.