Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Octi-hoops??

Laura108 is offline Senior Member
    Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Octi-hoops??

Has anyone ever tried the octi-hoops ? is it worth the investment? I cannot seem to sew straight I have a few projects done but unless I hand quilt them they wont get done. Ive tried doing it on my embroidery machine but im limited to a 5x7 frame and its frustrating. Does anyone just free style on their machines and can you explain how you do that? Boy am I newbie huh?

hillbilly's Avatar hillbilly is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Octi-hoops??

I am not very good at quilting, so mainly I just freestyle wherever the wind takes me! Do you have a darning foot?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so I have an old brother here in cana ...so old in fact i cant read what it says on the feet
    I really need im even before a newbee lol. I can sew altho you wouldnt know it by my whining but i really wish i payed better attention in homemakers class
    so much to learn I did relize however this morning I do have a ton of embroidered samplers I have made and now I know how to frame around it. So i am learning something

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So if you frame around them, sew them together, then you have just made a quilt with sashing!!

I am teaching a begin to quilt class on my blog, and tonight I'll talk about machine feet...just for you, with pics and everything. ( Actually, it is already partway done, but I want you to feel special.)

I'll post here when it's done.

~hillbilly~

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    So if you frame around them, sew them together, then you have just made a quilt with sashing!!

I am teaching a begin to quilt class on my blog, and tonight I'll talk about machine feet...just for you, with pics and everything. ( Actually, it is already partway done, but I want you to feel special.)

I'll post here when it's done.

~hillbilly~
    How do i find your blog ??

quiltnut is offline Senior Member
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laura108 View Post
    Has anyone ever tried the octi-hoops ? is it worth the investment? I cannot seem to sew straight I have a few projects done but unless I hand quilt them they wont get done. Ive tried doing it on my embroidery machine but im limited to a 5x7 frame and its frustrating. Does anyone just free style on their machines and can you explain how you do that? Boy am I newbie huh?
    I have not heard of an Oct i -hoop,what is it used for please.Welcome to the board newbie
    Quilting is good therapy.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.creativefeet.com/products/frames/octi-hoop
    A friend sent it to me via facebook and their was a video looks like a very smooth way to quilt almost like a pen with paper it looks that smooth. I have learned tho everything is not always that easy.
    I have a bunch of stuff I would love stippled? but for the life of me its hard. My embroidery machine does just 5x7 and the placement is so hard to line up I gave up.
    I know I sound half nuts jumping with both feet ...my Mom is on hospice so I am down here with her and right now quilting is keeping all of my wits about me. I have just today sewed 2 jelly rolls together yes strip after strip and went much easier after jan told me about the 1/4 edge and I found the foot.
    Im not sure what Im going to do with all the strips I have sewn together but as she gets worse I find im sewing faster.
    Take a look at that octi-hoop its odd. But ...

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

How do i find your blog ??
    Here is my blog about quilting feet. I just posted it . Sorry. I tend to do very late night blogging. ummmm, and dont be surprised when you see snoopy at the top of my blog. He always manages to find a way on there!

http://hillbillyhandiworks.blogspot....ines-feet.html

quiltnut is offline Senior Member
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.creativefeet.com/products/frames/octi-hoop
    A friend sent it to me via facebook and their was a video looks like a very smooth way to quilt almost like a pen with paper it looks that smooth. I have learned tho everything is not always that easy.
    I have a bunch of stuff I would love stippled? but for the life of me its hard. My embroidery machine does just 5x7 and the placement is so hard to line up I gave up.
    I know I sound half nuts jumping with both feet ...my Mom is on hospice so I am down here with her and right now quilting is keeping all of my wits about me. I have just today sewed 2 jelly rolls together yes strip after strip and went much easier after jan told me about the 1/4 edge and I found the foot.
    Im not sure what Im going to do with all the strips I have sewn together but as she gets worse I find im sewing faster.
    Take a look at that octi-hoop its odd. But ...
    The hoop looks fasinating,thank you for posting the link here.
    Quilting is good therapy.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

It does look interesting I hope to get feedback from others on it but might be worth the investment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast