Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Dragonfly's Avatar Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Question Pantograph printer and paper

Good morning all my quilting friends.

It's my turn to ask a question.

I am wanting to print my own pantographs for my quilting machine but it seems the only printers capable of printing on rolls of paper are large, very expensive commercial printers. I have the software to design the patterns but no way of printing them.

Does anyone know of a smaller printer capable of printing on rolls of paper. I assume it is possible since you can now buy rolls of the photo transfer material for quilts. I suspect it is a case of not being available in Australia due to lack of demand so I am hoping some of my US or other country friends will know of one. If I can get a brand/model number I can have one shipped in. Also do you know of anyone selling rolls of paper for doing this so I don't need to buy a commercial quantity, there's a lot of those rolls in a carton.

Many thanks in advance
    Lynn
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

K. McEuen's Avatar K. McEuen is online now Moderator
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pantograph printer and paper

The normal household printer can print on banner paper, which is continuous, but folded every 11 inches. I'm wondering if you couldn't rig up a holder for a small roll of paper to feed into your printer in the same way. It might be work testing out.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes.
    Make sure it's worth watching.

K is for Karen

Looking for easier access to MSQC Tutorials? Check my User Notes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Karen I will check my printer, I never thought about banner printing. I guess any printer with a top sheet feed rather than the drawer type would work. I will have a play.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

HandsOffItsMine's Avatar HandsOffItsMine is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lynn,

Check out the Epson line of printers, a lot of them have a back door where the rolled paper feeds from. Non-commercial ones can go upto 17" wide.

Also a good place to pick up an end roll is a graphic design or sign company. Ask them to sell (most will give) you the end roll of leftover jobs.

Good luck! Silverlining/Ruby

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will look into those options.
    Lynn

lawork1211's Avatar lawork1211 is offline Senior Member
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend has a Tin Lizzy and we have found a way to cheat. I design the pantograph on regular size paper and then take extra wide freezer paper and trace it on that, repeating as many times as necessary with a sharpy. It works great and we can sometimes get 2 designs on a section of paper.