Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Patrice's Avatar Patrice is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default HQ Sweet sixteen

Does anyone have this machine. I like the idea of being able to sit while quilting..also I was watching the video and they were showing these templates you use to get the design on your quilt. Your foot just follows the stencil. Does anyone know if you can use these on any machine. This would solve most of my problems if they will work on my machines foot

Blondie's Avatar Blondie is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HQ Sweet sixteen

I watched a few of these videos this morning, Patrice and previously as well. Will be waiting to see what others have to say.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Come by and visit my blog:
    http://vintageprims.blogspot.com/

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/

Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

rebeccas-sewing's Avatar rebeccas-sewing is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why you couldn't use those templates with any machine. That's a great idea and worth purchasing one to give it a try. These long arm machines do look so wonderful. I wish I could justify spending that much money for one (around $5000). Maybe someday. I love the idea of being able to sit at the machine. I wish free-motion didn't require so much practice to get it right. I'm going to take a look at the various templates Handi-quilter sells. I may purchase one and try it. If I get one and try it I'll let everyone know how successful I am at using it. Right now, if I'm not using the embroidery machine to quilt I'm using the walking foot, and as well all know that is so limiting.

rebeccas-sewing's Avatar rebeccas-sewing is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I just took a look at a demo of the Handi Quilter VersaTool. I think it would be too difficult to use it with free-motion quilting since you have to move the quilt and the tool at the same time. Using the long-arm, all that you move is the hopping foot and the tool, a much easier process. Darn! I thought we hit upon something, there. Now, if we could just think how to make some terrific tools for free motion quilting we could probably make some big bucks!!! HAHAHAHA

suzieq57 is offline Member
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I am so lucky because my quilt shop is a Handi-quilter dealer so I can play on all their machines when ever I want. I tell you they are great machines. I want to buy one once my husband gets the garage built so I can take over the area where he stores all his tools. My dealer showed me this new thing they have so you don't have to pin your quilt onto the leader bars anymore, they have these plastic pieces that clip on and poof your ready to go. If your not near a dealer go to a big show and just play, it is so much fun.

Laurie Stone is offline Member
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this one out at a local quilt shop. I would not get it. Id go for a long arm you stand at. Take frequent breaks. I think I would like it better. Its basically a deep throated sewing machine. Pat Sloan uses a Sit down GEoRGE. might wanna look at that one,. made in USA.

Susan M's Avatar Susan M is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

They also have stools with wheels that make working on your long arm easier on the back. You sit and use your feet to move back and forth. It brings the quilting up to a level that I can work with. Going to put this [with a ton of other items] on my wish list.
    Susan