Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh NO!!!!

Bubby's Avatar Bubby is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oh NO!!!!

Ouch!!! Been there and did that! I actually ripped out a small quilt that had been stippled by my LAQer...not due to her mistake. It's not fun.
    Lord, help me to become the person my dogs think I am....

www.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Slokarma's Avatar Slokarma is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    To save myself a lot of work, I would consider taking the same fabric and hand sewing it over the mistake. I might actually do a pieced block to fit over it. Certainly eight inches would be easy to cover in this manner. I have an embroidery machine so I would probably embroider a large quilt label and place it over the mistake. I've actually done that in a quilt I made recently for a problem with stitches that weren't anchored properly.
    That's what I was thinking.....some kind of "ARTSY" patch pieced in?

On 2nd quilt, after I spray basted, I starched and ironed it all flat and I think it gave me a flatter sandwich. I did notice I had to be extremely careful anytime I let part of it hang over the edge because it would create a little bit of roll in fabric.

Whenever I make a mistake like that, my eyes ALWAYS go right to that spot. I think I would try to fix it, but then again, maybe other's don't focus on my spot? because they didn't put it there!

Suzyq is online now Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Rebecca! I learned lots just by reading your post..ladies, re the 505 spray... I use it and unless you buy the one that doesn't smell so bad, don't use it in a confined area. You need good ventilation..if you have breathing problems, be careful. Yes it's pricey, but it works.

Lisa Albrecht is offline Member
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

You ladies are soooooo smart! And Rebecca, thanks for the info on making sure this doesn't happen again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12