Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pdjewelrylady1's Avatar pdjewelrylady1 is offline Senior Member
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New monthly income for my quilting dreams! Yay!

wait - i have a 13' Kens frame and tried using my moms Brother 1500 on the carriage and it would not free motion! the needle broke everytime!! this has caused me to consider selling the frame! what was i doing wrong? should i have new hope? oh glory
    hugs, Suzi
    www.premierdesigns.com
    It's what I do when not sewing with you
    GOD Bless America

Cellomom's Avatar Cellomom is offline Senior Member
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Gayle, I'm soooo proud of your daughter! You're blessed to have such a thoughtful girl. I got a used Grace frame on Craigslist and now I'm rooting for you too. Shirley, I bought the Brother 1500 from All Brands too, however, I got the $599 machine. I thought it had the needle up and down (didn't understand the descriptions correctly). Mine has a needle down option when you stop sewing, no needle up. Maybe this will help you Gayle with your Brother selection. I'm happy with my machine and will keep it. It sews so fast! I also want to use it on my quilting rack because it has a 9 inch throat.

buckeyequilter's Avatar buckeyequilter is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cellomom View Post
    I thought it had the needle up and down (didn't understand the descriptions correctly). Mine has a needle down option when you stop sewing, no needle up. Maybe this will help you Gayle with your Brother selection. I'm happy with my machine and will keep it. It sews so fast! I also want to use it on my quilting rack because it has a 9 inch throat.
    I thought the same thing about the needle....but at least it stops in the down position LOL. Then I was reading the manual and when you turn off the needle down position it stops where ever.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter

I got a sewing machine for my husband! Good trade, huh?
    Groups:
    2014 UFO Challenge

Bubby's Avatar Bubby is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful news, Gayle! I love it when kids "see the light"! I hope you are able to make your sewing dreams come true much sooner than 18 months...
    In the rhythm of the needle there is music for the soul.

http:www.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Gayle8675309's Avatar Gayle8675309 is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Yes, I am happy that my daughter is taking responsibility by herself. Since she has been in college we have paid for a few of her bills...happily I should add. She pays for college on her own, through scholarships and student loans. (She's graduating with a 4.0 GPA...she's gotten through four years of school, double majors, with straight A's!)

I'm very proud of my girl. AND I'm looking forward to getting a frame and machine.

Hubby was teasing me yesterday, cause he always puts his extra change (except quarters) into my piggy bank every evening...now he said he'll donate his quarters to the "cause" also!

carolv is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

And always remeber 1/4 of a 1 gallon pickle jar is about 150.00-175.00. We put our change in a jar for our grandsons college fund. Depending on how many quarters of course.lol
    Carol

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12