Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Lindagie's Avatar Lindagie is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default topiary Tiles pattern

I had to take a break from my X and O block quilt and handquilting of a baby quilt, so I decided to look through my fabric. I had some Domestic Bliss that needed to be used. I tend to obsess over what pattern to use, but this time I just decided to cut this up to make the topiary tile quilt that I had seen on line somewhere. That one was done in a different line, but I thought; what the heck! I had a layer cake, a jelly roll and some yardage, along with some background fabric, so I started cutting it up.

Anyway, I have sewed together 6 of the blocks so far. It is really colorful I will say, since each block has three different patterns in it. Has anyone tried this pattern? If so, how did it turn out for you?

So now instead of two projects going, I have three. Not to mention some potholders, placemats, oven mitts and small table toppers. Oh I forgot my Craftsy Block of the Month class that I am doing too. Am I ADHD or is this normal for quilters? I am pretty new to this and have only made 2 baby quilts and a raggy lap quilt so far.

Sandy Navas's Avatar Sandy Navas is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: topiary Tiles pattern

Linda, what is normal? I'd say you are a quilter with an addiction just like everyone on this forum. Don't worry, there is positively NO cure and it is harmless to everything except your bank account.

Relax, enjoy. Quite a few of us have a list as long as our arm of things that are either started and need attention, or are planned for the future.

Take a deep breath. You are among friends. Now breathe out.
    Last edited by Sandy Navas; August 18th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.

ONE DAY YOU WILL WAKE UP AND THERE WON'T BE ANY MORE TIME TO DO THE THINGS YOU'VE WANTED . DO IT NOW.
    -Paulo Coelho
    A YAWN IS A SILENT CRY FOR COFFEE.
    Just for Ruby: My real name is Irma Snickledorffer
    Thank you, Monique:
    SCHNOOT!!
    "I never met a fabric I didn't LOVE." - Sandy
    From Ginny:
    Lesson learned: don't leave stuff piled on the corner of the cutting table!

bkthomas's Avatar bkthomas is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what Sandy said!!!!
    ~Kathy~

Lindagie's Avatar Lindagie is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like it is feast or famine around here. I get on a roll like I did this weekend, but when I havce other things to do or have to put everything away for some reason, it may be weeks or months before I get at some project again. If I am not in the mood to hand quilt, then I might as well not do it because it won't come out very well.

I guess no one has made this pattern? I haven't seen it on this site yet. Just curious.

Does anyone handquilt anymore or do most of you machine quilt? I have only handquilted the baby quilts; not sure if I would ever finish a queen size quilt. Some people say the machine quilts last longer or at least are not as fragile. True? Anyone have an opinon?

ncgrammie's Avatar ncgrammie is offline Senior Member
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I hand quilt a bit. I also tie my quilts and machine stitch in the ditch. I tied my x’s and o’s quilt with stitch in the ditch around the borders. It is a Winnie-the Pooh baby quilt for my granddaughter. I haven’t been able to load pictures on my computer and haven’t posted any since my first time. Hopefully soon. I’m not confident enough to try free-motion quilting yet. I love options and hate to be tied down to one thing so I choose different options often. Hand quilting is relaxing.
    Theda

If a woman's work is never done, why start?
    Procrastinate! It frees up time to quilt!

Quilters come with strings attached

"Necchi" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010.