Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beakkmom's Avatar Beakkmom is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Okay, so it's Tuesday

Good Morning ladies, what an unusual baby chick! My DS is the farm girl in our family, don't recall ever seeing one of those little birds running around her hen house! SIL and I are doing a big bike ride this summer, so my fanny is on the bike quite a bit rather than in my sewing chair....I have mixed emotions about the whole deal. Hope to work on BOMs this evening.

Blessings,
    Lin

CrazyMtnLady's Avatar CrazyMtnLady is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all. Looks like many of you are up early and starting your day. I love that DH is off on his trip and I can just lounge around until I feel like getting out of bed. I brought the laptop into the bed and am sitting here with my coffee watching the Create channel and it's making me hungry! LOL.
    Blondie: I have always wanted to work with clay. I haven't done paper mache' since I was a kid in school. But that would be fun too. I saw Michelle Breshen of b organic on Create over the weekend and she made some wall plaques using clay to make the molds and then plaster of paris for the plaques. She used leaves and twigs to make the design. I want to do that!

That little chick should be named Lady Gaga. Looks like it is wearing a wild costume. LOL. But I think it is cute.

It is finally suppose to warm back up into the 70s today and 80s tomorrow, so I will get outside and do a bit of the yard work I have been wanting to do. The inside is looking pretty good. (except I haven't done the ceiling above the fan yet).

Have a great day.

Hugs and prayers.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

buckeyequilter's Avatar buckeyequilter is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.....

Hope everyone has some fun in whatever you choose to do today. I'm at work and need to file this mountain of paperwork I have on my desk....wonder how much fun I'll have doing that LOL

Got to leave work early yesterday, only because I had a dr appt. My blood pressure was good. Have had some arthritis going on with the weather we've been having - pop some prescription ibuprofen and I'm good to go

I've been practicing my Jacob's Ladder block so I can make my mom a quilt. I think I will use my AccuQuilt to cut the strips and blocks so that they are all the same size. I'm going to keep a practice block so I know how to arrange the blocks. I'd like to keep the practice blocks I make for future reference, does anyone have any storage tips for blocks? I thought about a binder the only thing is I would probably have to fold the larger blocks.

I think the baby chick is unique, looks like she has on a coat and hat

Well off to do that filing...have a wonderful day everyone!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter

I got a sewing machine for my husband! Good trade, huh?
    Groups:
    2014 UFO Challenge

K. McEuen's Avatar K. McEuen is online now Moderator
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Silkies, only chicken I know of with feathers on their feet. My sister had several. Even one of the black ones. The hens make good mamas. Hers would sit on the eggs from all the other chickens along with her own.
    K is for Karen

Question of the Day - Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Looking for easier access to MSQC Tutorials? Check my User Notes.

brittyboo07's Avatar brittyboo07 is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Well I managed to get in here this morning and wow y'all are up and at em early!

Im on the search for some tylenol or ibuprofen as a headache has set in and our first class is not even here yet.

I have been working on some pampered chef stuff this morning. I have two shows for May and had to get all my info down for them. I have a call with my director this afternoon so I have set my goals for May to discuss with her and also go over how close I came to my goals for March and April. I am so excited because I am less than $500 away from my career sales!

Apartment is coming along nicely my laundry room just got bigger! My dad said last night I think it needs to be 8 feet instead of 6. Ok I will take the extra two feet! I am planning on having my craft room in with the laundry room does anyone else have this? I will take before and after pics of the whole place and share. It is not anywhere close to being done but its getting closer!

My friend who sells 31 purses sent me the new catalog for summer and i pulled it out of the envelope and I was like UGH really the knew I was coming! Front cover is of an organized sewing room! There is even a larger pic inside! So you know I am just chopping at the bit to order!!!!But I have to spend on the apartment first! This will have to wait ugh so not fair lol.

I am planning on taking a look at my jacobs ladder blocks again next week and see if I can figure out what the heck is going on. Not giving up on them. Looks like there will not be any sewing for me this week. I will be working during the day, going to the apartment to work after and then home to cook dinner, clean up and get ready to do it all again! At some point there will be sleep in there haha!

Ladies you are certainly a bright spot in my day have a great one! Hugs and prayers to those in need!
    Britt

Sandy Navas's Avatar Sandy Navas is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You will catch me standing amongst a bunch of boxes and packing tape. Not for me. I'll be around . . . not sure my muscles will allow me to type much.

SP, WH, BW and LoL.
    You know that little thing in your brain that keeps you from saying silly things?
    Well, I don't have one of those.

aliaslaceygreen's Avatar aliaslaceygreen is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I seem to be late to the party today!!!

But, I did do the dishes first! Coffee in hand, DH out the door, so I have to unearth the quilt AGAIN and work on the binding. I think I can get the rest bound and get it into the washer today!!! Woo!! Then I will have photos and ONE HUGE TO DO off my list!!!

It is sunny, and not too chilly, hope everyone has a great day..
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

toggpine's Avatar toggpine is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully the day has started off better than yesterday, at least on the "Stupid Human" front!
    It looks like I have to figure out how to re-splint the leg on the baby goat, make a vet appointment, or both. She has slipped her rear leg out of her spiffy-do splint/sling. I can't get off of the farm today to make the trip out to the vet, so I may try to do it myself and then go in tomorrow to have him check my handi-work. I really love our vet, but he's about 2 hours away now. We've been working with the same one for close to 20 years. They know when they see us on the schedule that it's something fun as we do most of our own animal care. By the way, "fun" does not equal cheap.

Well, I have to get back to the reason I can't leave the farm today. I have a Hazardous Materials and a Zoonotic Disease PowerPoint presentation to knock out, post for proofing, and get sent to the printer by tomorrow. YeeHaw!
    Wish me luck!

You all have the best day ever!
    Hugs, Cathy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12