Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Do you know what day it is? HUH? HUH?

Monique's Avatar Monique is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you know what day it is? HUH? HUH?

Yup hump day again. It is going to be another hot one today. Well after seeing Patrice's new sewing room pictures yesterday, I got into my sewing room and did some major cleaning. I think I have gotten rid of most of what is not 100% cotton. I have a grocery bag and two boxes for a lady that makes the bags for Victoria's Quilts. They don't have to be 100% cotton. Then I filled about 4 plastic bags full of scraps, again not 100% cotton. Last night I then did some quilting.

Tonight I have to do bingo at the seniors residence and then it is off to the fair to enter all my stuff. Tomorrow is judging day and I will be there working so I will get to see right away if I win anything.

Have a wonderful day friends. Blondie must be busy today, so SMILE away, just the same.
    Blondie and Precious1 like this.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

nyscpa2be's Avatar nyscpa2be is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you know what day it is? HUH? HUH?

Me this morning:

Do you know what day it is?  HUH?  HUH?-hangover-coffee.jpg

No sleep last night. Even after melatonin. I blame the AC that I turned on.
    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Lisapc's Avatar Lisapc is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique: Good luck at the fair. You are very talented so you are sure to win.

Hubby surprised me by taking yesterday off to spend Lil' Peter's first day of school home alone with me. This is the first year he has ever been able to do this. We had the perfect day. I had so much fun, I had forgotten how much fun we are all on our own. We had not had a day alone since I was pregnant with that little third grader. It was just great and we are not going to go that long again before we do it again. No one knew we were here alone but us. No one called until after 4 pm and no one stopped by. We hung out, we played w/the dogs, we planned a mini-remodel of our alcove, we just had a ball.

Being Lil' Peter's first day back to school he got to pick dinner and it was pizza and fries from our favorite pizza place. Such a bonus to not have to cook. He had a great first day and came home happy as a clam.

Today I clean a little, pick whatever is ready from the garden and sew. Gonna be a good one.

Happy thoughts and prayers to all!
    SallyO'Sews likes this.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

All comments made as a Moderator will be in blue. Please don't make me use blue!

pcbatiks's Avatar pcbatiks is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hump Daaayyyy.......love that commercial! Monique I hope you do well at the fair!

My day got off track shortly after I posted yesterday. I put clothes & dishes washing & started to get my breakfast. Then I smelled something rotten........started looking around then realized it was a gas leak smell. We opened the back door to air out the room. DH checked the pilot light on the hot water heater & it was on. So I reported it to the gas co.......they are required to pull the meter off the house immediately until the problem is fixed.......they were there about 10 minutes later....took the meter off & shut off the gas. I went to my parent's house to take a shower because I have no hot water. Then I call the plumber to find the problem......luckily it was easy to resolve. While the plumber was checking the gas connections he noticed there was water dripping from the top of the central air unit.........great........so now I need to call the AC guy. Meanwhile, the plumber corrects the gas problem & heads to the utility co....he had to get a permit for an inspector to okay that the gas problem was solved. The inspector came by........gave the okay & I had to call the gas co. to come back out & put the meter back on the house. Some where during that time I called the AC guy...........he shows up.......simply problem to correct..........but while we are talking we both smell something burnt. He unplugs the AC & checks the unit again........a little bit of water had dripped inside the unit & shorted out a switch inside. So he corrected that too! Believe it or not.........all that was done in one day! So guess who went out to eat last night.........we did!!

I did manage to get the appliqueing done on my quilt project.........just want to add a little decorative stitching now.
    SallyO'Sews likes this.
    Pam

There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter & good humor. --Charles Dickens

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

MRoy's Avatar MRoy is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Hump Day! It's going to be another hot day here too. I've started a small tumbler quilt for the guild to donate. I had the pieces cut out and bagged to take to tomorrow afternoon's "Sit & Sew", but we'll be visiting with DH's cousin who is arriving today from North Carolina instead.

Grass needs mowing today, I look forward to it starting to grow slower. It piles up now and looks like a hay field. I hope everyone has a great day!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Terri is online now Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I can almost recite that commercial from memory and I am getting tired of hearing it....don't even remember what product/service it is about. Just that oh so annoying camel....it was cute & funny the first two or three times, but I am over it. Just my opinion. Todays commercials seem like 5 year olds write them. Could I do a better job? Probably not, but for the money I sure would give it a try.

Off to see my ENT this morning for a follow up on my allergy shots and to see if he can alleviate this almost constant pain & pressure in the sinuses on the right side of my face/head. When my face or head hurt.....I get cranky & down right mean. My poor hubby.....he just knows to keep his distance. And having PMS on top of that certainly doesn't help. Sometimes I am not too fond of being a female!! Mental-pause!!! grrrrr.......

nyscpa2be's Avatar nyscpa2be is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you saying "what" here's the commercial: GEICO Hump Day Camel Commercial - Happier than a Camel on Wednesday - YouTube
    It's an American casualty insurance company, Geico.
    Lisapc likes this.
    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Hulamoon's Avatar Hulamoon is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wednesday is trash day so I'm usually waking up to the truck and running out to the street. And that's all I have to say about hump day.

Lorie

MayinJerset's Avatar MayinJerset is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terri, I also don't know what the camel's commercial is about, but then I really don't understand most TV commercials. I'm also feeling some sinus pressure, nothing as bad as you are experiencing but it does put a damper on the day.

DIL MJ is on vacation this week so she coming over this afternoon and we are having a Girls Lunch. Think I'll treat her as today she and our son Pat have been married 33 years. That was a busy summer as oldest son Bob got married early in July and these two married end of August so it was double the pre wedding stuff and I had to find 2 gowns. Didn't have much trouble finding the gowns as I bought them off the rack at local department stores.

Yesterday I did get some sewing done, put the binding on a large quilt and today will begin hand stitching it down in the back. Made a nice label as it is an engagement gift for our oldest DGD and her fiancé. Want to cover large toss pillows to accent our new leather sectional, checked at Joann's as they are having a 50% off on home decorating fabrics but didn't see anything I liked. There is a shop about 45 minutes from here that does carry lots of decorating fabrics, problem is that the shop is so jam packed with bolts that I need two people to help me pull them out to take a look. Have to give it a try as you never know where the perfect fabric will be hiding.

Got to go and get some more coffee and put crock pot on for tonight's dinner. That way I don't have to rush after coming back from lunch and meat, pork with Baby Ray's Sweet BBQ sauce, will be done for DH and my dinner and also can keep it hot for son Tim's dinner as he eats dinner later. He's working from home but on CA time so he doesn't get off until 8 or after. He is training for this year's Marine Corps. Marathon in October and I was surprised when he asked me to pick him up a gallon of chocolate mile, he hasn't drank that since he was a little kid but he says it helps his muscles after a run.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; August 28th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.

bakermom is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have a lot planned today, maybe a bit of sewing later. I have two more rows of blocks to add and my falling charms top will be done. probably would have been done yesterday but I had to do a bit of "unsewing". I managed to get a couple turned wrong. Then i'll be starting a quilt for new GS due in Dec. I have some cute farm animal print, just need to decide what pattern. I'm thinking Take 5 or a tumbler.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast