Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wednesday and hump day!

shermur's Avatar shermur is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday and hump day!

It's raining here and it seems like a day where you shouldn't leave the house and just nap or sew all day long! Dream come true for me and I've been up since 4 AM CST! Gonna be a long day, sweeties!

Sherri
    River Valley Arkansas

Carol336's Avatar Carol336 is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday and hump day!

Good morning Sherri and all who follow. Gonna be a rainy day here today too.....and I like your plan to nap and sew...just need one more cup of joe and I'm not sure if I'll nap first or sew a little and then nap....decisions...decisions!!!!

Bubby's Avatar Bubby is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

We continue to have huge amounts of rain falling. Our front porch has water covering half the surface. This is a real mess. The Girls now refuse to go outdoors in the wetness, except for potty emergencies a few times a day. The small town where my late Hubby lived before we got married is under water and hopefully everyone has been safely evacuated.

Please pray for me....today at 1 I have my second long dental procedure. The last appointment had to be stopped because he couldn't control the bleeding and he sent me home for 5 weeks to heal. Today he needs to do what he couldn't finish last time plus. I'm scheduled for 5 hours in the chair and three root canals, with one possibly being s surgical root canal. Jeff is coming home at noon to stay with the Girls . I think I can manage the driving to and from...if not I will call Jeff and my car can sit overnight in Houston.

Other than all the above, Life Is Good! Everyone stay safe and dry....Hugs, Barb
    Lord, help me to become the person my dogs think I am....

www.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

MRoy's Avatar MRoy is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's gloomy and rainy here too. Barb, I hope the rain stops there. Praying for you today.
    I'm going to town today to get back into my Weight Watchers meetings and do some shopping. When I worked I went to WW after work and got home late. Now I can go in the middle of the day AND do some shopping if I want! Yay!
    KathieB likes this.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

toggpine's Avatar toggpine is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!
    Barb prayers for you and your ordeal today. Here is to hoping it goes much better!

It's supposed to get into the 80's here again today. Ugh. Today and tomorrow I am out judging goats at the county fairs. It sounds like a good idea when they ask in March. I seem to forget that it can be so hot in August. Oh well, wish me luck. I am praying that the superintendents have their acts together and we can get through this without causing heat exhaustion for any of the children who are showing.

Make today a great one!
    Hugs, Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

CrazyMtnLady's Avatar CrazyMtnLady is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good rainy morning to you all. It has been raining non stop here. I know there is a lot of flooding going on around the area. One 4 year old lost his life north of us being swept from his car. They still have not found his mother's body. I hate the fact that Daniel will be driving home in this stuff. He said they are almost done with packing the trailer so we will see when he can get on the road. At least I know he won't be home for our anniversary tomorrow. I expect he will be home sometime this weekend.
    The electricity just flashed off and then back on..good thing I filled a few pitchers with water just in case it goes off. I can always get water out of the pool for flushing the toilet.
    Hope everyone in the flooding areas stay safe.
    Barb..good luck with your dental appointment today.

Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Lisapc's Avatar Lisapc is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I am saying special prayers for you. I really hope you sail right through the procedures.

Any of you who are experiencing that kind of rain I really hope you have no flooding or other problems. So sad what mother nature can do.

Today is clean the house a bit, brush the dogs and play with my 8 yr old and sew. I am also searching for a large throat machine that I can afford without feeling guilty. That is a hard one to accomplish.

Prayers to all today.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

All comments made as a Moderator will be in blue. Please don't make me use blue!

MayinJerset's Avatar MayinJerset is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, Hope all goes well at dentist and you will be smiling a happy smile real soon. Sad to hear about young child swept away in the flooding, it is getting to be a really big problem in some areas.

Grandkids have been riding their bikes around the neighborhood but with rain expected maybe a movie would be a good idea for today. They helped out a lot yesterday vacuuming, helping us food shop and carrying all the bags into the house so today they can rest. There are about 10 movies at the multiplex and not one appeals to DH or I so the kids can go to the movie while we shop and hang out at Costco, movie and Costco share the same parking lot.

Going to check recipe sites as I am running out of ideas for dinner. I don't cook dinner every day for DH and I, I make double batches and we have the same meal the next day or I freeze half for another day. With DS and kids here I hardly have enough for one meal let alone save some for tomorrow's dinner or lunch. Getting better, last night's ham steaks are all gone but there are 3 baked yams left over. Kids don't care for the yams so they only had one each with last night's dinner. Good, I love leftover baked yams or sweet potatoes, they make a great snack at room temp. I have a turkey breast in fridge freezer and I'll be searching for crock pot recipes as I don't want to turn on the oven.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; August 7th, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

cyndiofthevortex's Avatar cyndiofthevortex is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! That rain is heading my way and will be here tonight, all day tomorrow and end sometime on Friday. I hope it isn't as bad as some of you have been getting!

Barb, I am especially thinking and praying for you today. It sounds like a terrible ordeal. I hope you can get it all done in one (very long) sitting.

I am moving right along on my list of things to do today. Once the chores are all done I can sew for the rest of the day! I have a new Christmas ornament pattern that I hope to work on as well as a few other things that need to get finished. I am practicing quilting feathers and hope to have something to show you later this week if I can figure them out. A friend said, "You'll never learn how to do them if you don't just sit down and start to sew!" So that's my plan. She can be very wise.
    Lisapc likes this.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Sandy Navas's Avatar Sandy Navas is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, look at that weather map. Southern Missouri has truly been getting hit hard for the past few days. We just have the outside effects this far north, but it sure poured here this morning. Al told me we were under severe thunderstorm warning but I never heard thunder nor saw lightening. BE SAFE. My heart goes out to all who are in low-lying areas. I grew up where the closest little town flooded every year - sometimes multiple times - and the people there could not be convinced to move or relocate. My dad and another local man offered higher land and moving their homes but no one wanted to do that. Must be something about a tiny river-town. Enough.

BARB - my mind will be on you all day long. I truly pray you will do well and come out relieved that it is all over. Hopefully he's going to knock you out for all these procedures.

Al and I have been bombarded by kids this morning, only to find that Mommy and the girls had been searching all over for the first one up - and she was busy chewing my ear off with all kinds of tales and wants and wishes. I have created a couple 'monsters' - taught the 6YO and the 4YO to play backgammon and they are both whipping my bottom good. And believe me, I don't hedge with them. The 6YO has turned into a true cut-throat player and a strategist. I love how they are learning the moves without having to stop and count the dots in the dice or the spaces on the playing board. Rita has started keeping track of how many games she has won - so cute.

Started downstairs to work on my RWB quilt for the guild charity (VA hospital) and was interrupted a few times with special requests for special projects - Nana, could you make a lining with pockets for this funky knitted bag Momma made me - Nana, would you help me make a dress for my AG doll - Nana, please show me how to tie off this quilt I made for my new baby sister . . . I finally got all six rows of my RWB quilt sewn and just need to stitch them together today. I am bound and determined to knock this one off my list and move on to another UFO . . .

I'm not getting anything done rambling on here - sure hope all my OL friends are healthy, wealthy, and wise.

I'm reading a book on anti-gravity
    and I just can't put it down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast