Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Partylite? Scentsy? Gold Canyon?

Musical_Starling's Avatar Musical_Starling is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Question Partylite? Scentsy? Gold Canyon?

I've been thinking about selling some of this stuff from home, but I'm not sure which company to choose! I've never purchased anything from Scentsy or Gold Canyon, but I do have some Partylite products (MIL just sent me a Strawberry Rhubarb wax melt and I am in LOVE!). So I'm wondering if any of you have any experience selling this stuff. Any opinions or experiences you can share? I've also looked at things like Pampered Chef or Princess House, so opinions or experience for any of the "work at home" companies would be appreciated Except Avon, my sister already sells it and therefore has stolen most of my potential customers (aka. my family)
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

bubba's Avatar bubba is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Partylite? Scentsy? Gold Canyon?

The only thing I have sold from home is Tupperware, and I don't even know if they still do that! I have never heard of Gold Canyon, but I have products from the other two. Of those, I love Scentsy! It sells itself. Even my husband likes it and he doesn't like smelly things much at all.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

ilive2craft2's Avatar ilive2craft2 is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My sister has done several different ones of these. Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, an online party supply place, Uppercase Living and now Jamberry nails. I liked it when she was Pampered Chef, I have a house full of that stuff. However, that stuff is heavy to haul to parties. I am not a very girly girl, so Mary Kay and the nails are not really my thing. I did Discovery Toys way back when, but as talkative as I am, it was not my thing. Another one in our area is Tastefully Simple - good tasting food. One other one that I like the products is Norwex - it is a cleaning products company - antibacterial micro fiber cloths, etc.

Make sure to ask a bunch of questions - do you have to order new catalogs and supplies often? Some have better commission systems than others. Most of them are a type of pyramid - you get more % with more people "under" you and them keeping up their sales as well as your own. Some have fairly steep minimum sales per month or quarter to be considered an active rep.

Have fun in your quest, but definitely do something that you really enjoy the products for - it makes you a more natural sales person.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

laf512's Avatar laf512 is offline Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have personal experience, but my sister sells Thirty-One and seems to do well with it. It seems like every gal I know in my church carries a Thirty-One bag.

Of the three you mentioned, the only one I'm familiar with is Scentsy. I really like their wax melts. I've never heard of Gold Canyon, and I've never used or seen any Party Lite stuff.
    Lori

bubba's Avatar bubba is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tastefully Simple does have good products!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Grandma G's Avatar Grandma G is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've never sold anything but I love Scentsy products. In fact, I just changed out one of my candle warmers not five minutes ago. I quit burning candles years ago. I never attend a party. The lady I buy from has an online site and I just order that way. And she also mails out information on new products periodically. I have my daughter and soon to be daughter-in-law hooked on them, too. Might be something to consider.
    Gerri

New York Sue's Avatar New York Sue is online now Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest here.
    I've found these parties to be just over-priced wares. And then the push to HOST the next party....
    NOPE.
    When people come into my home, I want them to enjoy themselves, and NOT feel pressured into buying stuff because I served some lovely snacks.
    I'm not going to 'host' a party on my friends' backs, so I can get $300 of free stuff. That's just NOT me.
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Musical_Starling's Avatar Musical_Starling is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Scentsy certainly seems to be more popular, I may be leaning that way but I need to find out a few more details first methinks. Thanks for the hints Lisa, I never thought about minimum monthly sales! Eek! Definitely something to find out.

And I agree completely Sue, the parties are not quite my thing. I have never and will never host one in MY home in hopes of making money off my friends. If someone asked me to do one in their home, great! But I certainly wouldn't pressure anyone into hosting a party or push for them. I don't mind public speaking, I used to work on-air with our local community channel so speaking to groups is easier for me than a one-on-one conversation. I just don't like trying to force people to buy things. That being said though, when I worked retail my manager used to joke that I could sell ice to the Eskimos
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Lilly's Avatar Lilly is online now Senior Member
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Sue. I can't ask my friends to subsidize my lifestyle. And the equal bummer is that once you invite friends to your party then you have to go to all of their parties and it ends up costing you more in the long run. Especially since you probably buy stuf you don't need just to pay them back. I'm at the point where all my friends know not to ask me and none of us give parties any more. Whew for that.

nyscpa2be's Avatar nyscpa2be is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the "don't ask me, I won't ask you" bandwagon. I do like going to parties though, and will place a small order (under 25) if invited, but never volunteer for the "door prize" drawing where it is inevitable that your prize is hosting the next party. I do love Thirty-One and Pampered Chef, but I prefer to buy my own candles in person, so I can smell them. Not all partylite parties have had the full sample box.
    pcbatiks likes this.
    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast